PECO is once again participating in Philadelphia’s premier, annual auto show as a returning exhibitor this year. The Philadelphia Auto Show, which takes place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from Saturday, January 28 through Sunday, February 5, gives car shoppers and enthusiasts an immersive experience to see the latest advancements of the vehicle industry.
While PECO is primarily known for delivering safe and reliable energy for our customers, we’re also actively leading the Greater Philadelphia region toward a clean energy future. As a key element of our Path to Clean journey to reduce emissions, we’re supporting customers in their efforts to embrace clean energy and reduce their environmental footprint, and one of many ways to do that is expanding the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs).
Why go electric?
- No more gas stations: There are many convenient options for charging an EV, including at home, at work, or on the road. With an EV, you’ll never need to go to a gas station again!
- Save money: EVs are cheaper to drive because you’ll pay less per mile than with gasoline. They’re also cheaper to operate, with almost no maintenance costs. Just rotate your tires regularly and remember to add wiper fluid.
- Performance: Because electric motors react quickly EVs are very responsive and have great torque. EVs are often more digitally connected than conventional vehicles, with many that control charging from a smartphone app.
- Reduced emissions: EVs help clean our neighborhoods. They have zero ground-level emissions, the type of pollutants that produce smog and cause environmental damage. For every mile traveled on electricity, EVs reduce greenhouse gas emissions by two-thirds.
Supporting our customers in their efforts to embrace clean energy and reduce their environmental footprint is one of our top priorities. This is why we offer a set of programs and incentives to encourage transportation electrification, including rebates for EV owners, rebates for commercial customers and fleet users to support charging infrastructure installation, and Time-Of-Use rates that support EV charging.
Knowing the positive impact that EVs can have on the environment for generations to come, we use our Philadelphia Auto Show exhibit space to educate event attendees about this environmentally friendly vehicle option, the future of transportation electrification, the readiness of our grid to support EV adoption as well as our EVsmart program, which features an interactive, online EV toolkit that allows customers to research the benefits and advantages of owning an EV. The digital toolkit allows customers to:
- Calculate the savings potential of owning an EV, including monthly savings based on personal commuting patterns
- Calculate carbon reduction for environmental savings
- Research available EV and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) options
- Review available EV chargers
- Access a map of public charging stations
- Identify potential tax incentives
- Discover special incentives and promotions, including the PECO Driver Rebate where customers can apply for a $50 rebate just for purchasing a plug-in electric vehicle
In addition to helping our customers go electric, we’re working along with the other Exelon utilities to electrify 30 percent of our vehicle fleet by 2025 and 50 percent by 2030, through a combination of electric, plug-in, and hybrid vehicles.
For more information about the Philadelphia Auto Show visit https://www.phillyautoshow.com/.