With Memorial Day Weekend approaching, summer is basically here! Nice summer weather calls for swimming, barbecuing, fireworks and a variety of other activities. As CDC restrictions lighten, families and friends are getting back together to enjoy each other’s company. At PECO, the safety of our customers is our top priority. So, when you get back together with your family and friends, make sure to keep these electric and natural gas safety tips top of mind to ensure you have a fun and safe summer:
Going for a swim?
- Before swimming, make sure there are no power lines over a swimming pool.
- Make sure all electrical equipment used for swimming pools is grounded.
- Keep electrical appliances away from swimming pools.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated and grab sunscreen.
- Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for more on electric safety around pools.
Are you a grill master?
- Never use a grill indoors.
- Keep a grill at least 10 feet away from your home.
- Make sure gas grills are at least 3 feet away from gas meters.
- Check for gas leaks if using a gas grill. Here’s a quick video on how to check for gas leaks by the National Fire Protection Association.
- Do not light fireworks near power lines.
- Use fireworks in large outdoor areas.
- Wear protective eyewear and clothing when using fireworks.
- Keep pets and children away from fireworks.
Disclaimer: The images displayed in this content hub story, when noted, are NOT the property of PECO and therefore cannot be reused, repurposed, or shared in any other form for any other purpose.