Summer is in full swing! Nice summer weather calls for swimming, barbecuing, fireworks and a host of other activities. During small gatherings it’s essential to continue practicing social distancing and wear face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. At PECO, the safety of our customers is our top priority. Here are few electric and natural gas safety tips to keep in mind to ensure you have a fun and safe summer:
Going for a swim?
- Before swimming, make sure there are no power lines over a swimming pool.
- Make sure all electrical equipment used for swimming pools is grounded.
- Keep electrical appliances away from swimming pools.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated and grab sunscreen.
- Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for more on electric safety around pools.
Are you a grill master?
- Never use a grill indoors.
- Keep a grill at least 10 feet away from your home.
- Make sure gas grills are at least 3 feet away from gas meters.
- Check for gas leaks if using a gas grill. Here’s a quick video on how to check for gas leaks by the National Fire Protection Association.
- Do not light fireworks near power lines.
- Use fireworks in large outdoor areas.
- Wear protective eyewear and clothing when using fireworks.
- Keep pets and children away from fireworks.
Disclaimer: The images displayed in this content hub story, when noted, are NOT the property of PECO and therefore cannot be reused, repurposed, or shared in any other form for any other purpose.