Many have suddenly found themselves working from home, along with their families and children who are home from school, due to Pennsylvania’s stay-at-home orders to slow the spread of COVID-19. The following tips can help you manage your energy costs during the pandemic.
- Unplug electronics and turn off lights when not in use
- Wash full loads of laundry in cold water and use a low heat setting to use less energy
- Close or open your blinds/shades/drapes depending on the season
- Use ceiling fans to circulate air
- Caulk and weather-strip around windows and doors
- Switch to LED bulbs
- LEDs last at least 10 times longer and use up to 75 percent less energy than standard incandescent bulbs
- Through MyAccount at www.peco.com/myaccount, customers can track their energy use, set up usage alerts, get advice on how to reduce energy costs and learn which appliances use the most energy and why
- See energy usage on graphs and charts
- Set alerts for outages, high bills and more
- Report an outage
- Evaluate what appliances use the most in your home
- Access customized tips for saving energy in your home
Disclaimer: The images displayed in this content hub story, when noted, are NOT the property of PECO and therefore cannot be reused, repurposed, or shared in any other form for any other purpose.