At PECO, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and communities is our top priority. To support customers at this critical time, PECO is taking the following actions:
- Suspending service disconnections and waiving new late payment fees through at least June 1, 2020.
- Offering reconnection of service for customers who are out of power, without requiring a deposit or reconnection fee. Customers will still be responsible for their previous balance.
- Working with customers on a case-by-case basis to find the best options. PECO offers several programs to help customers in temporary or extended financial hardship, including flexible payment options like budget billing and financial assistance programs, including:
- Customer Assistance Program (CAP): An annual credit on a customer’s bill based on the total household income and the customer’s energy use. The annual credit is provided against the customer’s bill throughout the year, with customers receiving a larger credit during months when they use more energy and a lower credit when they use less energy.
- Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): A federal grant program to help low-income customers manage their energy costs and ensure service during the heating season. In 2018, PECO customers received more than $16.8 million in LIHEAP assistance.
- Matching Energy Assistance Fund (MEAF): A program funded by voluntary contributions of citizens and matched dollar for dollar by PECO for up to $500 per commodity in total assistance for those who qualify.
- Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Services (CARES): A referral and information service designed to assist customers who have temporary personal or financial hardships that prevent the payment of their utility bill. The CARES service regularly assists about 4,000 customers each year.
Customers who may be challenged to pay their energy bill should visit peco.com/help or contact Customer Care at 1-800-494-4000, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Disclaimer: The images displayed in this content hub story, when noted, are NOT the property of PECO and therefore cannot be reused, repurposed, or shared in any other form for any other purpose.